Are you a mouse or a keyboard person? If you like to utilize keyboard shortcuts, here are a few QuickBooks keyboard shortcuts that will speed up some tasks and make your QuickBooks time more efficient...
- Move dates forward or backwards one day at a time - Use the Plus (+) or Minus (-) keys.
- Go straight to the beginning or end of the week - Use the W key for the first of the week and the K key for the last day of the week. Remember WeeK to recall the letters to use.
- Go straight to the beginning or end of the month - Use the M key for the first of the week and the H key for the last day of the week. Remember MontH to recall the letters to use.
- Go straight to the beginning or end of the year - Use the Y key for the first of the week and the R key for the last day of the week. Remember YeaR to recall the letters to use.
- Go straight to Today's Date - Use the T key.
Performing Calculations in Amount Fields
Any amount field within QuickBooks is armed with a complete calculator. To enable the function, just start typing in the calculation you want to perform within the field. Addition uses the plus key (+), subtraction uses the minus key (-), multiplication uses the star key (*), and division uses the slash key (/).
For instance, if you want to add up multiple numbers, just enter the first number, then push the plus (+) key and continue entering the subsequent numbers followed by the plus (+) key after each number. Once you have entered all numbers, push the enter key to see the total.
If you'd like to multiply a number by another number, just enter the first number, then use the star key (*) and then enter the next number followed by the enter key to get your result.
Working with transactions
- Open the Write Checks Window - Use Ctrl-W.
- Enter a New Transaction - Use Ctrl-N when in the Invoice, Bill, or other transaction forms.
- Delete Line from Transaction - Use Ctrl+Del.
- Insert Line into Transaction - Use Ctrl+Ins.
- Delete Entire Transaction - Use Ctrl-D
- Close active window - Use the Esc key.
- Find a transaction - Use Ctrl-F
- View History or Linked Transactions - Use Ctrl-H
Other Helpful Shortcuts
- Open Chart of Accounts - Use Ctrl-A
- Print - Ctrl-P
- Open QuickBooks without opening a company file - Hold Ctrl while opening QuickBooks.
- Supress all windows when Open a Company File - Hold Alt while opening QuickBooks company file.
- Open Help - Use F1 key.
- Show technical information about your company file - USe the F2 key while in the company file.
- Undo Changes made - Ctrl-Z.